Upper Deck Collaborates with The Brandr Group and CLC to Launch NIL Trading Cards for College Athletes

UPPER_DECK.jpg

Upper Deck has unveiled a new initiative that will bring college athletes into the spotlight through an exclusive trading card line. The company has signed licensing agreements with The Brandr Group, a leading NIL representation agency for student-athletes, and CLC, the premier collegiate brand licensing company in the U.S. This collaboration will allow Upper Deck to create a diverse set of trading cards that showcase the talents of student-athletes across a wide range of sports.

The new series, titled the World of Sports™ Volume 1 Trading Card Set, is designed to honor the achievements of college athletes from various programs. Highlighted in this collection are teams like the University of Nebraska’s women’s volleyball team, known for their record-breaking fan turnout, and the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill’s field hockey team, which has secured consecutive national championships. The set will feature athletes from college programs officially licensed through CLC, which represents over 600 top universities nationwide.

For over three decades, Upper Deck has been synonymous with premium trading cards and memorabilia, catering to fans of professional athletes from sports such as hockey and basketball. Now, with these new NIL partnerships, Upper Deck is expanding its reach to include emerging college athletes, offering cards that feature their name, image, likeness, and autographs. This initiative will encompass a wide variety of sports, from softball and gymnastics to soccer, volleyball, basketball, and football.

National champion pitcher Jordy Bahl expressed her excitement about being part of the collection: "It’s an incredible honor to see my journey in softball captured in these trading cards. I’m thrilled to share these memories with my family, fans, and everyone who has supported me along the way."

Jason Masherah, President of Upper Deck, emphasized the significance of the NIL agreements: "These partnerships not only allow student-athletes to build their personal brands early in their careers, but also ensure that athletes from all sports, especially those in underrepresented areas, receive the recognition they deserve. We’re excited to bring these early career moments to collectors and fans alike."

Jim Neish, Vice President of Licensing and Business Development at The Brandr Group, shared his thoughts on the collaboration: "This partnership with Upper Deck gives collegiate athletes the recognition they’ve earned, regardless of their sport. These trading cards will help elevate their profiles, whether they continue to excel as student-athletes or go on to successful professional careers."

The Upper Deck World of Sports Volume 1 Trading Card Set will soon be available at local hobby shops, retailers, and online. Keep an eye on UpperDeck.com for further updates.